Coffee is the most popular beverage in the world. It is consumed by millions of people every day but can it be completely vegan? Is Coffee Vegan? This is a question that has been debated for decades and is still not fully resolved.
There are many different options for different coffees around the world which use different ingredients to make them suitable for everyone.
The world of coffee is evolving just as fast as anything else in the world but do they cater to the vegan? Find out here.
Is Coffee Vegan Available?
For those who might be new to veganism or are just not quite sure about coffee. The good news is that it can be suitable for vegans.
Obviously a regular type of coffee with milk is not going to be suitable. There have been substitutes that have made it possible.
Most vegans tend to opt for the black coffee option. They know for sure that if it is just coffee beans and hot water, it will be 100% vegan friendly.
There has been a huge increase of vegan coffee shops and options in well known stores for vegan options for many different types of drinks.
Veganism is growing by the day and there has been a huge increase in younger demographics making the change too.
3 huge chains that everyone will know is costa, starbucks and caffe nero now all have at least 3 different fairy free options which give the people a bit of variety.
However, we can only see this growing in future years and who knows, everyone might be vegan!
The Different Types Of Dairy Free Milk
Everyone has different taste preferences when it comes to milk. It is also the same for the ones which do not include dairy.
There are a few different options that bigger and smaller chains tend to use, for example:
- Soya milk – This type of milk is available across the world and is very popular in the larger chains. It is a good substitute but it does have more of a nutty flavor that can sometimes overpower some type of weaker coffees. However, some people love this extra taste in their coffee.
- Coconut milk – some people absolutely love the taste of the coconut flavor in their coffee because it just makes it different. It is also an ideal substitute because it doesn’t separate nowhere near as fast as other options.
- Almond milk – This is definitely for people who love a bit of sweetness in their coffees. You tend to find people who love cappuccinos or lattes tend to use almond milk. You need to be careful of this type of milk splitting quicker than others, but apart from that it has a great texture and people love it!
- Oat milk – There are an extensive variety of different brands for oat milk and it has become increasingly more popular. This is because it has a nice subtle taste that is not overpowering and goes well with the coffee.
It is important to experiment with different types of milk to put in your coffee either at home or in a coffee shop.
This is because there are different types which all have different flavors and you never know until you have tried them all!
What About Instant Coffee?
The main thing that has become an issue for vegans with instant coffee is the additives they add to them and whether they are 100% vegan.
It is extremely rare for brands to be using animal products in instant coffee. It has happened before, so it is always a good idea to check before you buy and drink.
Coffee Pods To Use At Home
The market for vegan coffee is growing day on day where people have found that this is a market that people want and need.
Therefore, across the world there are options for vegan pods that will include the correct ingredients.
You definitely always need to check because some coffee pods might appear vegan. Actually still include traces of milk that make it not vegan.
There is also the argument of how eco-friendly coffee pods. Because of the packaging they have that has to be thrown away after each one.
You need to look for the product that clearly states that they are vegan friendly because every aspect of their product has to be.
If it is blurry or not labeled clearly then this is not a good indication and it could include dairy products or traces.
Coffee is a brewed beverage prepared from the roasted seeds of the Coffea plant. Coffee has been a part of human culture for thousands of years.
Coffee is one of the most popular drinks in the world. Is it evolving to become more of a vegan option? In some cases, yes it is.
However, there are always arguments as to whether all brands are completely vegan from the ingredients to the packaging.
Hopefully this article has helped you find out some new and interesting facts about vegan coffee. Some of the different types of milk you can use if you’re looking and becoming a vegan.
These types of articles are important because it educates people that there are alternatives that are great substitutes that you can start to change slowly into your everyday life.
There is still a lot more to be done in the vegan industry with coffee but more and more options are becoming available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should You Add Vegan Milk To Your Coffee?
Ultimately, it is all about what you prefer and the different tastes you prefer to drink. There are several different options for vegan milk listed above for you to choose from and they all have different tastes.
Some are more nutty, you also have the coconut milk and the less rich almond milk. You should try them all to see which one is your favorite and that will be your go to!
- 5 Best reasons that prove this: Are Bagels Vegan ? - September 21, 2022
- 15 Best Corn Recipes To Try Today - September 21, 2022
- 15 Delicious Vegan Asparagus Recipes - September 21, 2022