Have you recently gone vegan and want to know what chips you can have? Maybe you have heard people mention that are Doritos vegan and want to know which ones are?
Or are you curious and want to know more? No matter what your question is, we have the answer for you!
Figuring out what chips are vegan can be difficult. You find yourself standing in the grocery store with a bag of Doritos in your hand, pouring over the ingredients list, trying to make sure you can safely eat them.
After all, the last thing you want to do is eat an animal by-product, especially if you have an allergy! But when you head online to find the answer quickly, you are often met with conflicting information that leaves you even more confused.
How are you supposed to know if you can eat Doritos or not now?
Well, you can stick with us to find out the answer! Today, we have all the information you need in one article. Just keep reading to find out if Doritos are vegan and everything else you need to know about them!
What Are Doritos?
Before we dive into today’s article, let’s have a quick recap for those that need it! Doritos are an American brand of flavored tortilla chips that has been produced since 1967!
The crunchy tortilla chips are well known across the globe, with over 20 flavors available to choose from!
The flavors available vary depending on the country you live in, but for today’s article. We only included those you can buy right here in the US! Doritos are a household name, and you can pick up a big bag of their chips for a few dollars or less.
You can also grab one of their salsas or cool dips if you want!
Are Doritos Vegan?
Sadly, not all Doritos are suitable for vegans to enjoy! Whether Doritos are vegan or not depends on the flavor you are purchasing, so you need to be careful and check which ones you have before you crack open the bag!
To help you, we have got every Doritos flavor listed below, so just keep reading to see if your favorite flavors are vegan or not!
Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos
These delicious Doritos are vegan, so anyone on a plant-based diet can enjoy them! These chips taste wonderful too, with a great blend of sweet and spicy, you don’t need to worry about a dip or salsa with these!
The chips are made with paprika extracts, onion powder, soy sauce, hydrolyzed corn, and soy protein, which helps to give them a unique flavor we don’t see with other chips! They are a great snack for vegans to enjoy! (Check out Are Takis Vegan?)
Lightly Salted Corn Doritos
If you want a great chip to pair with salsas and dips, then the Lightly Salted Corn Doritos are the perfect option for you! These chips only contain three ingredients, vegetable oil, corn, and salt, so there are no chances of these not being vegan!
These salty chips are a firm favorite of ours, and we tend to serve them with a dip, or with some five bean chili and vegan cheese slathered on top!
Toasted Corn Tortilla Chips Doritos
Finally, we have the Toasted Corn Tortilla Chips which are another tasty vegan chip! These have been around for years and were the first Doritos to be released!
We love them served with chunky salsa or even munched straight out of the bag, there are plenty of flavors regardless of how you serve them!
Just like the Lightly Salted Corn Doritos, these only have three ingredients listed, salt, vegetable oil, and corn, so there is no doubt here that these are vegan!
Non-Vegan Doritos Flavors
Unfortunately, this is where the list of vegan Doritos flavors ends. Blaze Doritos used to be included on the list, but they have been discontinued, so there is no point adding them only for you to be disappointed!
To ensure that you don’t accidentally purchase Doritos that aren’t vegan, check out our list below of all the other flavors of Doritos that sadly are not currently vegan and why they aren’t vegan.
1. Blazin’ Buffalo And Ranch Doritos – contain swiss cheese, blue cheese, Monterey jack cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, cream, whey, and buttermilk
2. Cool Ranch Doritos – contain milk, whey powder, cheese, buttermilk, and sour cream
3. Dinamita Chile Limon Doritos – contain cheese, skim milk, romano cheese, and cream powder
4. Doritos Collisions – Blaze and Ultimate Cheddar – contains whey, swiss cheese, butter, sour cream, cream, cheddar cheese, and Monterey jack cheese
5. Flamin’ Hot Nacho Doritos – contain skim milk, milk proteins, lactose, romano and cheddar cheese, buttermilk, and whey
6. Flamas Doritos – contains buttermilk, bee extracts, cheese, salt enzymes, and whey protein
7. Jacked Ranch Dipped Hot Wings Doritos – contain chicken fat, chicken powder, chicken broth, milk protein concentrate, and skim milk
8. Poppin’ Jalapeno Doritos – contain cheese, lactose, whey protein concentrate, and skim milk
9. Nacho Cheese Doritos – contain skim milk, milk protein concentrate, milk powder, buttermilk powder, cheddar and romano cheese, and lactose
10. Salsa Verde Doritos – contains natural chicken flavor
11. Simply Organic White Cheddar Doritos – contain organic skim milk, organic cream organic cheddar and romano cheese, organic sweet cream buttermilk, and organic butter.
12. Simply Organic Spicy White Cheddar Doritos – contain organic romano and cheddar cheese, organic sweet cream buttermilk, organic skim milk, and organic whey.
13. Spicy Nacho Doritos – contain lactose, cheddar cheese, romano cheese, and buttermilk
14. Taco Flavored Doritos – contain sour cream, buttermilk, whey, whey protein concentrate, blue cheese, and cheddar cheese.
15. Tapatio Doritos – contain skim milk, lactose, whey protein concentrate, whey, buttermilk, romano, and cheddar cheese
And there you have it, only three Doritos flavors are vegan! Make sure when you are purchasing Doritos that they are one of the three vegan flavors to ensure that you can still enjoy them.
After all, you don’t want to purchase something and not be able to eat them! Don’t forget to check the label if you have any allergies to ensure that the Doritos are safe for you to eat.